Something we all can relate to?

Broken. Shattered. Incomplete. Some of the many adjectives people use to describe me. Why? What made me the way I am?

Is it because of all the downs I've been through in life? Or a culmination of all the people who didn't treat me right over the ages? Perhaps it's for a multitude of reasons. Perhaps I'll never actually find out why.

I am not alone, however. I see others just like me. Broken, imperfect. They had issues as well. Maybe not the same ones like me. But issues nonetheless. 

I have lost count of the number of days I've spent in self-pity. "Why me?", a question whose answer evaded me.

But not today.

Today was not one of those days. I hardly have such days anymore. Because realization had recently hit me. An epiphany perhaps? 

True, I was broken in my own way. But that's what helps me reflect so many colors when I am hit by just a single ray of light.

I'm broken, yet strong. Incomplete, yet useful. Shattered, yet brilliantly colorful. 


Comments

  1. Like the name of the blog... You are keeping it simple.
    Loved the idea...super relatable and wonderfully written. Waiting for the next one...soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soon. It'll probably be something radically different, but yes. Pretty soon :)

      Delete
  2. Just something I read somewhere: Surprise yourself everyday with your own courage. Stay strong always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I always knew doc, you write so well..please keep it up...the thoughts that you convert to such precious words are the most beautiful things that you can share with others about you. God bless :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Shubh! Highly encouraging coming from someone like you who writes poetry so well.

      Delete
  4. +Gandalf +Morpheus +Dumbledore +Yoda
    Just as FYI cos y'all can use it for your next movies. Hahahaha :P

    Really summed up well. It's like this right - You know you're just an immaterial irrelevant speck of nothing when you think about the broad cosmos. But again, there's only one of you. So, of course you're beautiful. You're a unique creation of the creator :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my comment. Don't know why it came up as anonymous.

      Delete
    2. Haha. From the choice of words, it was anyway obvious that it was your comment, KP. Thank you for your kind words, glad you liked it!

      Delete
  5. Written for every person's heart! nice you cherished your incompleteness to glow and let us see the world through your eyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a pleasure to let others into your mind through your words, isn't it?

      Delete
  6. Well said! Sometimes, it the incompleteness is what makes us complete :) Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully written, as always!! :) - Divya

    ReplyDelete
  8. People and circumstances may leave us chipped. But we become a lot more valuable with those cuts. Shine bright like a diamond, Nandy. (Was the comment worth the wait?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Short, simple, deep and beautiful. Way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great going! Always believe in yourself and come back stronger.
    - Akash

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Persistent Thoughts

The Eternal Beauty