The End or The Beginning?

I looked at my friend chatting with me
A fake smile on my face in that wee hour.
My mind was elsewhere,
Eyes filled with unshed tears.
'Why me?', I wondered
God's direction of thoughts left me bewildered.

A chauffeur waiting for me outside,
A palatial house to go to.
And yet,
my heart was empty as a hole.

Two days. They changed my life
for the worse.
He said he had other commitments
Success, was the only thing he was after.
Stunned, I looked at him silently,
Had insanity struck me? 

Four years of hearing his silken voice,
Laughing away my fears with him,
Crying into his shoulder
And walking silently beside him.

He gave me reassurances,
Believed in me when I myself didn't.
Words of encouragement,
Used to fill me with courage.
A smile from him
Was all it took to brighten my day.

Times when he was away
Filled me with longing
Which all vanished
At one sight of him.

I won't lie and say,
Our love was perfect
We had our indifferences
Squabbles and misunderstandings,
were all part of it.
But these, were what brought us even closer,
If such a thing were even possible.

That his aim was to taste success
Was something I knew
But the fact that en route to his
Accomplishment of that dream
He would leave me behind,
Alone in the journey of life,
Was something even my worst nightmares,
Hadn't warned me of.

Seated in my car,
I was looking out at the hazy window.
The sky too, was mourning for me,
I realized through my tear-stained eyes
Good Lord. Take away my pain. 
No sin, however big,
Could have earned me this heartbreak! 

I looked at the setting sun,
And slowly, my heart filled with determination
The self-confidence which had deserted me for so long
Engulfed me now.

This whole thing had after all,
Been for my betterment.
Because, I now knew, he neither deserved me
Nor my love.

Comments

  1. I think every girl feels this, a pain when ignored.. Beautifully put but i wanted a stronger end to it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Something we all can relate to?

Persistent Thoughts

The Eternal Beauty